It’s Been a Hard Week…so PIE!


 It’s been a hard week at the farm but much was accomplished.  We are physically and emotionally spent so I thought tonight we would celebrate our accomplishments with Derby Pie.  

It’s gluten-free of course, which brings with it challenges but nothing overwhelming.  I had a grocery delivery scheduled for this morning and they didn’t have the gluten-free pie crust in stock so I researched recipes and found one that looked good.  Problem is, it called for ingredients I did not have on hand.   So after my grocery order arrived I set out for the grocery store because that’s how my life goes these days.  I didn’t mind driving the country roads early in the morning much at all though.  

Tonight we’ll have steak, baked potato, salad, and Derby pie.  We will rest and celebrate getting the barn roof repair completed, getting the basement completed, getting mom’s State ID in process, getting the garden beds set and filled and ready for planting, getting the gate posts set, getting rid of the critter in the barn, and getting a start on the clean up of the pond.  

Life is hard but pie is good.  

Comments

Popular Posts