The Offer


It has happened.  We had an offer on our house.  And we accepted it.  There were a few offers but this one was the one we had prayed for.  

It was VERY important to me that a family have our home.  I didn’t want an investor to have it.  I didn’t want it rented out.  I didn’t want it flipped.  I wanted it loved and lived in by a family.  I wanted it filled with noise and laughter and family meals.  If they choose to renovate it and update it to their liking that is fine by me, in fact I want them to make it theirs.  

The offer came in and it was all we could have hoped for.  They offered well above asking price, if the inspection turns anything up, no worries, we won’t be on the hook to fix it.   And they wrote the most beautiful letter and sent pictures of their family. They have two of the cutest kids ever.  And the little boy plays baseball.  That was almost a requirement.  Our house used to have a backstop in the front yard and kids came over after school to play ball. Once a little girl climbed off the bus and came to play   I asked, “does your mom know where you’re at?”   She called her mom and told her she was “at the baseball diamond”   I asked her if her mom knew where that was.  Ha!  

So yeah, it was as if this family had studied our lives and said exactly what we wanted to hear.  They seem to be the perfect family to make our house their home  

I hate to see it go but I can’t be happier for them to get it. 

Comments

Popular Posts